Michael Schwartz Library
More Information About InterLibrary Loan Services
- Delivery and Timeframe
- Articles are delivered electronically. A PDF of the article will be available through your ILLiad account or as an email attachment. Other materials will be available for pick up at the User Services Desk of the Michael Schwartz Library. Materials obtained through InterLibrary Loan cannot be forwarded to the Law Library, the West Center or any other address.
- The length of turnaround time depends on several factors including which libraries have the items you need and shipping methods used by the lending library. The typical turnaround time for articles is 2-5 business days. While other materials may take longer between 7-14 business days.
- Materials not owned by the Michael Schwartz Library will take longer to arrive and, in some cases, may not be available. This is especially true for rare and unique items. The turnaround time for material requested during peak activity periods such as mid-terms and finals is often considerably longer than the standard 2 to 5 working days. We cannot guarantee delivery time of any item. Please place requests well in advance of when they are needed.
- Limits on Requests
- Please be as judicious as possible in submitting requests. A user may submit as many requests as necessary. However, large number of requests from a single user may not all be processed at the same time.
- The ILL office may refuse to accept a request if, in our judgment, fulfillment of the request would exceed Fair Use standards or involve a violation of Copyright law (Title 17, United States Code).
- Due Dates and Overdues
- To avoid penalties, please return loans by the date indicated on the yellow book band. Return ILL materials to the User Services Desk. If a return receipt is necessary, please notify the desk staff.
- Overdue materials are subject to a $.50 per day charge. Items 30 or more days overdue will be billed a replacement fee of $125.00. Upon return, the fee will be reduced to $50.00.
- Renewals on InterLibrary Loan materials are strictly at the discretion of the lending library. To request a renewal, please use the "View" and "Checked Out Items" feature of your ILLiad account. You may also contact email@example.com or 216-687-2382.
- Request Status
- The status of a request indicates where it is in processing.
- Awaiting Request Processing = ILL staff have not processed your request yet.
- Request Sent = ILL staff have sent your request out to various lending libraries. We are waiting for one of these libraries to fill your request and send us the material.
- Awaiting Unfilled Processing = The lending libraries to which your request was sent were unable to fill it. ILL staff will send your request to a new group of lending libraries if possible.
- If you have still have questions about the status of your request, please contact the ILL office.
- User Responsibilities
- Some materials may be designated as "In Library Use Only" or "No Photocopying" by the lending library. Please help us maintain our good standing with lending libraries by honoring these restrictions.
- Materials should be returned to the User Services Desk or the library book drops on or before the due date. If you would like a receipt for the return of your ILL material, please return in person.
- Failure to return materials can result in your InterLibrary Loan privileges being blocked until you return the items.
- Refusing to return materials in a timely manner places The Michael Schwartz Library borrowing privileges with other libraries in jeopardy. This can result in overdue fines from the lending library and may prevent the ILL team from obtaining material for all Cleveland State University Library users.
Materials requested through Interlibrary loan may be protected by copyright law (Title 17 U.S. Code).