Michael Schwartz Library
Get help connecting to the Library's research databases as well as other electronic resources the Library offers from your home or office!
Important: Some electronic resources, especially the research databases, are limited to CSU students, faculty and staff when accessed from off-campus. You may have to login or "authenticate" using your name, CSU ID number and PIN.
Note to faculty: If you are off-campus and having trouble getting access to an article or ebook, disconnect your VPN connection and try again.
Hint: Try using our Proxy Insertion Tool to make it easier to access CSU electronic resources when you are off-campus.
Solving Common Connection Problems
Below are the most common problems you may experience when connecting from off-campus :
- Authentication failed after you typed in your name and CSU ID number.
- Solution: Try again. You may have made a typo or had your keyboard on Caps Lock. If login still fails, there may be a problem with your Library user account. Stop at the Library's User Services Center or call (216) 687-2479 and have your record updated.
- You are not recognized as a valid user.
- Solution: Be sure your browser supports cookies and is enabled to accept them, or answer "yes" if you are prompted to accept a cookie. Your browser must accept cookies for the connection to the desired database to occur. Check your browser now.
- You are behind a firewall which is blocking your access to the databases.
- Solution: Unless certain ports are opened on the firewall, it will block you from accessing OhioLINK databases. See the list of required ports. Contact the network administrator of your business or organization. You may not be able to access library databases from behind a firewall.
- The maximum number of users from Cleveland State who can search this database at one time has been reached.
- Solution: Some database vendors restrict use to a limited number of simultaneous users. Wait a few minutes and try again.
If you are still having trouble connecting from home, please contact us for help.