Individual Quiet Study Rooms
The Library currently has 55 quiet study rooms (carrels) that are available to CSU students with valid CSU IDs.
- 40 quiet study rooms are available at the east end of the second floor. Key cards for them can be checked out at User Services.
- 15 quiet study rooms are available on the third floor in the Digital Design Studio. Key cards for them can be checked out at the Digital Design Studio service desk.
Key cards can be checked out for 4 hours at a time. Overdue fine for key $1.00 per hour.
Rules for Use of the Quiet Study Rooms:
- One person per room
- No talking
- No cell phone conversations (turn off ringers)
- Do not cover windows
- No audible music or videos
- Please be mindful of others wanting to use the rooms and return your key on time (if there are rooms available, you may renew the key)
Violations of these rules will result in a warning. Upon the third warning, room privileges will be suspended until the end of the semester.
If you lock yourself out of your 2nd floor study room, please visit the User Services desk or call (216) 687-2479.
You will be asked to show ID to get back into the room.
Questions? Contact User Services at (216) 687-2479 or the Digital Design Studio at (216) 687-9337.