Michael Schwartz Library
Virtual Reference Desk: Ohio Resources
For information specific to Cleveland go the Cleveland Virtual Reference page.
- InfoOhio: Online resources for teachers, students, school librarians, library automation, media booking, and statewide union catalog of K-12 school libraries.
- Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH): An umbrella organization for Ohio's statewide technology infrastructure, the Ohio Academic Resources Network (OARnet), the Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC), OhioLINK, eStudent Services and the Research and Innovation Center.
- Arts in Ohio: Lists arts, festivals, and cultural events in the Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus areas. Includes search by date, genre, or location.
- InfoPlease - Ohio: Includes information on topics such as population, geography, and climate. Also includes printable outline maps.
- Ohio: Entry from Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia. Available on campus or by remote authentication.
- Ohio - Find It Here: Ohio's travel planning website.
- "Ohio" Scholar Search: Results from subject search using Scholar, the Library's online catalog. You can limit this search or conduct a more specific search i.e., "Ohio--description and travel" or "Ohio--history". Electronic materials may only be available on campus or by remote authentication.
- Ohio History Connection: A statewide organization, formerly the Ohio Historical Society, that is focused on preserving and sharing Ohio's history.
- Ohio Magazine (online): Information about Ohio travel, events, lodging, restaurants, arts, entertainment, food, history, and more. Includes a searchable online event guide.
- Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN): Provides broadband Internet connections and related information services to Ohio public libraries.
- Ohio.gov: The official website of the State of Ohio.
- Cities, Townships & Counties: Provides linkage to different government websites. Including Local Tax Information
- Consumer Protection: Includes consumer safety tips, information about Ohio consumer protection laws, and how to file a consumer complaint with the Attorney General.
- Ohio County Trends (Ohio Development Services Agency): Provides profiles of all Ohio counties.
- Ohio Legislature: Search Legislation. Includes a link to the Ohio General Assembly Archives.
- Ohio Department of Transportation: Road closures, construction projects and transportation maps i.e., rail lines.
- Ohio State Parks
Newspapers and Media
- Ohio Newspapers Online
- Ohio Radio Stations: Wikipedia List of FCC licensed stations in Ohio
- Ohio Television Stations: Wikipedia List of television stations in Ohio
- Census Data – Cuyahoga County Planning Commission
- Data.gov (Ohio): A search of the US Government's open datasets limited to Ohio.
- Health Statistics (Ohio Dept. of Health): Includes births, deaths and other vital statistics.
- Office of Criminal Justice Services - Crime Statistics and Crime Reports
- Office of Research (Ohio Development Services Agency): Provides data and analysis on the economic, industrial, demographic, and program trends of the state of Ohio, its businesses, and its people.
- Ohio.gov: Official home page for the state of Ohio. Includes Current Employment Statistics and Ohio School Report Cards and links to all state agencies.
- Ohio Quick Facts: Concise summary of basic census information for state and counties.
- Ohio QuickLinks: A summary of population and business statistics for Ohio from the Census Bureau.
- StateMaster.com - Ohio - Data about Ohio compiled from various primary sources such as the US Census Bureau, the FBI, and the National Center for Educational Statistics.