Welcome to the Library
Glenda Thornton, Director
We encourage you to visit the Michael Schwartz Library and learn about the many services that we offer. While we are committed to providing access to information electronically so that you can access it from off-campus as well as from on-campus, the broadest array of services are still available to you from within the Library.
We have a collection of more than 900,000 books, journals, recordings, and other media that you can browse or access through our online catalog, SCHOLAR. Even more important, we have an excellent staff who is friendly and knowledgeable about the Library's collections and services. We are here to help you with your informational needs, so please ask us. And, for those times when you just need a quiet place to study, we can provide that also. We look forward to seeing you in the Library!
The library has much to offer you:
- Access to electronic resources, including the web, at more than 100 PCs within the Library.
- On-demand access to over 29,000 journal titles available on Library PCs and from your home computer.
- An on-site collection including 975,000 print volumes and an additional 1,000,000 items, such as sound recordings, video recordings, DVDs, and microforms.
- Friendly staff ready to help you with your information needs.
- Evening and weekend hours.
- In-person and online borrowing privileges for books from 85 OhioLINK libraries.
- Access to the SCHOLAR Library catalog, the Web, and other electronic resources from your home computer.
- The latest research databases.
- Free interlibrary loan service , providing access to an almost unlimited number of library materials owned by other libraries world-wide, through a web-based interface putting you in control of your own borrowing activities.