Virtual Reference Desk: Electronic Journals
Michael Schwartz Library, Cleveland State University
Most resources are accessible on campus or remotely with library pin number.
- Journals At CSU: Useful if you are looking for a specific journal title or journal titles by subject categories. It will list coverage dates and in most cases allow you to search within the specific journal title.
Multisearch Options: Full text available according to journal licensing agreements.
- Article Search: Searches a pre-selected set of databases.
- One Search: Searches the majority of the library's resources including our catalog and the OhioLINK catalog. You can limit searches by type. This search may not have some of the limiting abilities available in specific research databases.
Research Databases: Specific resources for a more targeted search with additional limits. Full text available according to journal licensing agreements.
- Alphabetic List: A-Z listing of available databases including OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center and EBSCOhost Research Databases listings.
- Subject List: Browse by broad or specific subject categories.
Local Public Library Multisearch Options
Cleveland Public Library
- CPL Journal Finder: Allows user to search the CPL holdings for books and journals. You can search without inputting information but will need a card and pin number to access most resources.
Cuyahoga County Public Library
- CCPL Find Engine: Allows users to search across CCPL's collections, including the Library's Catalog, electronic resources, newspaper articles, multiple search engines, general reference, biographies and image databases. Requires a CCPL library card number and pin to access.
Open Access Journals
Not all open access journals are of equal value. If you are looking for articles outside of an established database you should evaluate the information. We recommend that you read Predatory publishers are corrupting open access, an article by Jeffrey Beal.
- Directory of Open Access Journals: A database of more than 10,000 rigorously vetted open access journals.
- Elsevier Open Access Journals: Free, peer-reviewed journals in the areas of science, health, and technology.
- HighWire: An archive of free full-text science articles.
- Open Library of Humanities: Academic journals from across the humanities disciplines.
- Oxford Open Access Journals (Oxford University Press)
- Sage Publishing Pure Gold Open Access Journals: Free, full-text, peer-reviewed articles in the social sciences and humanities; health, life and biomedical sciences; and engineering and physical sciences.
- SpringerOpen: 200+ peer-reviewed fully open access journals across all areas of science.
- Wiley Open Acess Journals: Peer-reviewed online journals across biological, chemical and health sciences.