Michael Schwartz Library
Mobile Version - Library Resources Optimized for Your Smartphone
Some of the Library's electronic resources offer separate interfaces optimized for users of smartphones and other handheld devices. Below is a listing those currently available:
- ACM Digital Library: Mobile app that provides the full text of journal and conference papers from the Association for Computing Machinery.
- ACS Mobile: Mobile app that provides a live stream of new articles in American Chemical Society Publications as well as a news feed from Chemical & Engineering News.
- APA PsycNET: Mobile app that allows users to access the APA databases and search them on the APA PsycNET platform.
- ARTstor Mobile: Use your Apple or Android device to access ARTstore, a digital image library. An ARTstor Mobile App for Android is also available for free download.
- Requirements: First you need to register and set up a password while on campus. More details.
- arXiv: Mobile app that lets you browse e-prints of papers in physics and related disciplines, mathematics, nonlinear science, computer science, and quantitative biology.
- ebrary: The Bluefly app will allow you to read e-books acquired by the Michael Schwartz Library while offline.
- EBSCOhost Databases: Log into the mobile version of EBSCOhost on your device by using the same URL you normally would use. EBSCOhost automatically recognizes that you are a mobile device user and displays the correct version.
- IEEE Xplore Mobile: Mobile friendly site lets you search and view IEEE Xplore research directly from your mobile device.
- JSTOR: Mobile friendly site that provides full text online access to back issues of selected scholarly journals in history, economics, political science, demography, mathematics, and other fields of the humanities and social sciences.
- LearningExpress Library: Offers practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, and information for at school, at work, or in life objectives and an entire Learning Center dedicated to job hunting.
- LexisNexis Academic: Mobile friendly site that provides full text news, business, legal, medical, and reference information. Mobile instructions.
- MedlinePlus: Provides up-to-date health care information, selected by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, for use by health care consumers and health professionals.
- NML (Naxos Music Library): Mobile app offers over 65,000 CDs (940,000 tracks) of music available for streaming on your mobile device. Users must set up an account and playlist on Naxos desktop version. iOS requires separate Naxos and Naxos Jazz apps.
- Project Muse: Provides access to books and journals published by the Johns Hopkins University Press. Disciplines covered are humanities and social sciences.
- PubMed Mobile: Comprises more than 23 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher websites.
- RefMobile: Provides access to your RefWorks account. Go to Working with RefMobile for details and help.
- Requirements: You will need to use the subscriber code that was supplied to you via email after you registered for your individual account. If you no longer have that code, please call Reference Services at (216) 687-5300.
- Research Guides: Useful resources and research assistance compiled by MSL's librarians.
- Safari Tech Books Mobile: A custom library that contains a subset of titles from Safari Books Online's overall content. Help.
- SciFinder Mobile: Mobile access to comprehensive scientific information.
- Requirements: Reigstration required. For registration assistance, ask at the Reference Desk or the Chemistry Department.
- WorldCat Mobile: Catalog of books and other materials held by libraries worldwide.