Michael Schwartz Library
Services for Courtesy Patrons
Ohio residents are welcome to use the Michael Schwartz Library at Cleveland State University as long as they adhere to the Library’s Conduct Rules for Library Use and other posted regulations.
Visitors who are not Cleveland State University students or employees, and who wish to borrow materials or use computers, should apply for extended services in the Library.
- Only currently registered students, faculty, and staff are permitted in the library from 8 PM to closing. For access to federal public documents after 8 pm, please contact Ann Marie Smeraldi to make arrangements.
- Off-campus access to Library licensed research databases is restricted to current students and employees of Cleveland State University. Federal government documents are available to all.
Courtesy patrons who have applied for and been granted extended services will be issued a courtesy card and are entitled to the following privileges:
- Cleveland State University alumni, affiliates, and volunteers may check out books (including OhioLINK books) with a photo ID, and may use a public access workstation* for up to 4 hours per day (subject to availability).
- Research guests (visiting scholars or OhioLINK distance learning students) may check out books (including OhioLINK books) with a photo ID, and may use a public access workstation* for up to 4 hours per day (subject to availability).
- Community users (Ohio residents not affiliated with Cleveland State University) may, upon payment of a $100 annual fee, check out books (including OhioLINK books) with a photo ID, and may use a public access workstation* for up to 1 hour per day (subject to availability).
Courtesy patrons with unpaid balances owed to CSU may have their library privileges suspended until the debt is paid in full.
*No access to Kanopy streaming video service.
See Borrowing Books & Other Materials for more information about borrowing limitations.
Applications for Courtesy Patron cards are available on the first floor at the User Services desk.
Photo identification is required as well as proof of your current address. Valid forms of identification include a driver’s license or identification card from the state of Ohio or a valid identification card from an OhioLINK institution. Please call User Services at (216) 687-2478 if you have questions.