Remote/Off Campus Access to Library Resources
Your classes have moved online, and so has your Library.
RESEARCH DATABASES & OTHER RESOURCES AVAILABLE REMOTELY
The Michael Schwartz Library provides the Cleveland State University Community with an array of services and support for distance learning and research that may surprise you:
- A-Z List of Research Databases
- Research Guides: These subject-specific guides - hundreds of them - have been designed for you by your librarians here at Cleveland State, and each one contains targeted information on a particular topic or course to support your research in that area. Check them out for useful, trustworthy resources, hints and pro tips.
- Electronic Course Reserves Access to course readings, accessible from anywhere. Note: some course materials are password-protected for use only by those students currently enrolled in the course. Your professor will give you the password if one is needed - check your syllabus.
- The Virtual Reference Desk Consult dictionaries, encyclopedias, biographical sources, maps, quotations, statistics and much more.
- Ebooks ...and a Research Guide to help you use them.
- OhioLINK has suspended state-wide print lending, but like us, they're working from home, and access to electronic resources remains available.
- The Cleveland Memory Project A searchable online collection of digital photos, texts, oral histories, videos and other local history resources.
ONLINE REFERENCE HELP
CSU librarians are all working remotely and available to assist you. The Library's online chat and email reference services are still available, and as always, you're welcome to contact your Personal Librarian by email, phone, or chat. They are checking email and phone messages and will contact you.
If you have more general questions our chat service, staffed by your Librarians here at the Michael Schwartz Library, is available during the following hours:
- Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
You can also call 216-687-5300 Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, to speak to library staff.
LIBRARIAN & WRITING CENTER CONSULTATIONS
Our Librarians are specialists in finding and using information as well as experts in their fields.
- Your personal librarians are still available - even if you're not in the library - for one-on-one consultations online. Both students and instructors can schedule an online consultation with them via email, or using the chat box on this page. More information about setting up a Virtual Reference Meeting
- Online Writing Assistance from The Writing Center
DIY TECHNICAL HELP & TROUBLESHOOTING
- Create or reset your Library PIN
- Remote Authentication for Off-Campus Access
- Using the Library's Proxy Server