Continuity of Library services / COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Our building is closed. We're still here for you.
Welcome, summer students! Our building is closed and classes have moved online, but we are still your information hub, and the library will continue to provide the level of services and support you've come to expect.
This page will be updated continually to provide information related to library operations and access to online resources for remote users. We can't offer silent study carrels or print materials, but we have services and support for distance learning and research that may surprise you.
CSU librarians are all working remotely and available to assist you. Please contact your Personal Librarian by email or phone. They are checking email and phone messages and will contact you.
If you have more general questions,Chat Services are available Monday - Friday, 10 am to 5 pm. You may also call 216-687-5300. Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, to speak to library staff.
NOTE: We won't be available during the Independence Day holiday, July 3rd & 4th, but leave us a phone message and we'll call you back on Monday!
CHANGES TO LIBRARY OPERATIONS & SERVICES
Classes have moved online, and our services are also being offered remotely. Visit this page for continual updates as we learn more about what you need, and how to help you get it.
BOOKS & OTHER PHYSICAL MATERIALS: Due Dates, Fines, Overdues, & Renewals
RETURNING PRINT MATERIALS
Please do not come to the library to return your books or other physical materials: no one should be on campus!
The library is extending due dates on books that are checked out, and we will waive any late fees. If you receive any notices about renewing your books or your books being overdue, please disregard these notices.
We've got this: it is not necessary for anyone to come to campus to return a library book.
Renewing Materials We are automatically renewing all checked out materials. As always, you may review your checked out library materials online by logging into My Account. Please don't worry if you see items marked overdue: we'll sort it out.
- Renewing OhioLINK materials You may not be able to renew all OhioLINK items yourself. Don't be worried if you are unable renew items. All fines will be waived.
- Renewing Interlibrary Loan materials We have extended due dates for print materials you have checked out, and are waiving fines.
- BORROWING PRINT MATERIALS
- Borrowing from OhioLINK: placing new requests OhioLINK has suspended state-wide print lending, but access to electronic resources remains available.
- Borrowing from Interlibrary Loan: placing new requests You may continue to request materials, and we will fill requests for journal articles and book chapters which can be delivered electronically. Details about Interlibrary Loan here
- Items currently on hold (both OhioLINK & Interlibrary Loan)will be available when our building reopens.
REMOTE ACCESS TO LIBRARY RESOURCES (see also "Textbooks", below)
Our goal is to continue to provide you with the resources, expertise, and services you need to do your work, with as little disruption as possible. Fortunately, we have been providing online resources for our remote users for a long time, so you'll find much is available to you, even while you can't visit us in person.
- Explore your options for off-campus access to Library resources.
- NEW: Library Support for Online Teaching and Learning Your Librarians at CSU have quickly compiled this new Research Guide to the many ways we can help you NOW, including...
STUDY CARRELS & LOCKERS
- Students and non-essential staff have been ordered not to come to campus. We ask that you wait until President Sands has given the all clear to return to campus to get your items and return the key. Your items will be safe.
The library is working on a process for prorated refunds for carrel and locker rentals.
We know you rely on our Textbook Center. Our building is closed and OhioLINK has suspended print borrowing, so things are complicated right now. But we don't expect you to figure all this out on your own. This is what librarians are for, and we're on it!
E-BOOKS ON ELECTRONIC COURSE RESERVE
Remember, you already have electronic access to dozens of required textbooks through electronic course reserves. Start there!
- Temporary FREE access to some eResources is being offered by some textbook publishers.
- Library Support for Online Teaching and Learning
- Talk to us: your CSU librarians are all working remotely and are available to assist you. The Library's online chat and email reference services are still available, and as always, you're welcome to contact your Personal Librarian by email, phone, or chat. We are checking email and phone messages and will contact you.
The link above is just one part of a whole new Research Guide that your librarians at CSU have quickly compiled, to help you navigate online learning and teaching, NOW.
Tell us which books you need, and let us try to track them down for you. You can help us out by reminding your professors that we're here for them, too. We have access to resources, but we need to know what you need, so don't hesitate to reach out.
WORKSHOPS & EVENTS
The University has canceled all in-person meetings on campus of any size and is encouraging virtual alternatives. For now, it's best to assume that all previously scheduled workshops and events are canceled, but we'll keep you posted via this page as we devise ways to deliver content online. Stay tuned!
Regular CSU Covid-19/Remote Learning Updates
From the University Administration. Always the most current source of information about what's going on, with helpful links to important information from the CDC and elsewhere. Includes links to CSU President Sands' weekly Virtual Town Halls
CSU Operations - continually updated