Michael Schwartz Library
Newspaper Research Databases
- American Periodicals Series Online (1741-1900): Digitized images of the pages of over 1,100 historic American magazines, journals, and newspapers.
- America's Historical Newspapers: including Early American newspapers series 2, 1758-1900 and series 6 (East), 1741-1922.
- Cleveland News Index/Necrology File: Produced by the Cleveland Public Library, indexes local news stories, feature articles and selected reviews from: the Plain Dealer, Cleveland Magazine (1983-), Northern Ohio Live (Sept. 1990-), and Ohio Magazine (Oct. 1990-). Obituaries from the Plain Dealer and the Cleveland Press are included from 1976 to the present. It consists of two parts, a news section and personal name section. Routine sports events are not indexed.
- Ethnic NewsWatch (two parts: 1990-present and 1959-1989): Access to full text of newspapers published by and for minority and native ethnic groups. Includes articles, editorials, columns, reviews, etc. to provide a broad diversity of perspectives and viewpoints.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic: Full text news, business, legal, medical, and reference information.
- LGBT Life with Full Text: contains all of the content available in LGBT Life and full text for significant LGBT journals, magazines, regional newspapers as well as monographs.
- New York Times (1980- ): Covers U.S. and international affairs as well as in-depth coverage of New York City developments. Includes the New York Times Book Review and New York Times Magazine. Online version updated daily.
- New York Times (Historic) (1850-2013): Contains the full text of the New York Times from 1851 to 2008. Covers U.S. and international affairs as well as in-depth coverage of New York City developments. Includes the New York Times Book Review and New York Times Magazine.
Note: Access to this database has been discontinued. Please choose another database or ask a Librarian for assistance. (08/30/17)
- Newspaper Source (1995-): Full text for regional U.S. newspapers, international newspapers, newswires, and newspaper columns.
- Regional Business News latest 30 days: A full text newswire database that incorporates business wires from all over the world.
- Wall Street Journal (1984-): Contains full text articles from the Wall Street Journal from January 2, 1984 through today's issue. Browse issues, or search for terms in citation, abstract, or article text.